Clarinetista peruano

Some months ago I made a video of "Baile", a great piece by Argentinian composer Francisco Colasanto. This video was featured in Sequenza21 and, between the visitors who watched this video was American composer Alex Shapiro.

She contacted me via e-mail and told me about her piece for contrabasson and electronics called "Deep", and luckily for me, she made an adaptation for contrabass clarinet and electronics.


The piece sounds "easy to play" but it demands a lot of control - I wanted to play each phrase as elegant as possible, effortless. To control the intonation is always a challenge in the Selmer instruments.

At the end, I made this video for YouTube and Alex seems to be very happy about it, and me too. I love the music and I hope I can have soon the opportunity to perform this work live.