Clarinetista peruano

After what felt like very long waiting days, I finally got the answer from YouTube: I won the competition as a bass clarinetist for the YouTube Symphony Orchestra!

Together with 90 colleagues from over 30 countries, we will perform a concert next 15th April at Carnegie Hall, with Michael Tilson Thomas as conductor and with music by Tan Dun. This will be just a great experience. I will have the honor to represent Belgium (Ik woon in Gent!), and also my native Peru. More details about the competition can be found here in Yahoo! News and in Sequenza21.

I thank you all for your kind words and support. Special thanks goes to all my family: Lida, José, Betty, Rossy, Angelinna and Giuseppe; to my friends Hallveig Agustsdottir, Ward de Vleeschhouwer, Peter Verdonck and Pia Cabuy (het Achterhuis); and to my teachers Ana Barrera, Eddy Vanoosthuyse and Marc Kerckhof.







Marco Antonio Mazzini: Links to Peruvian and Belgian press:



Informediarios:
Conservatorio Nacional de Música





BELGIAN PRESS:


De Standaard:
De Gentenaar
Gentenaar speelt klarinet in uniek You Tube-orkes

Muziekcentrum:


Humo Magazine
YouTube Symphony orchestra

Oorgetuige:

ZD Net.be